Saturday, March 31, 2007

judyo's Avatar
judyo judyo is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Oak Lawn, IL
Posts: 2,500
judyo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Exit Realty

There isn't an Exit in my area or I would have checked it out since leaving my C21 office 2 years ago after being there for 22 years to join a local company offering 100% commission with extremely low monthly and transaction fees. If I get someone to join my current company on a split I will also get residual income, but our fees are so low it's foolish for anyone to join on the split vs. the 100%.

I would like more people to join our company just to get more of a foothold in the area and get our name out there. We are attracting many top producers that are leaving Re/Max, Realty Executives, Coldwell Banker, Century 21, etc.

So even if an Exit would come to my area it would be very difficult leaving my current situation. For one thing, I hate the name! Has a negative connotation for me. It would be a brand new entity in our area and the average buyer and seller would not have name recognition with it so it would have to establish itself.

Having a company like mine in the area would be very competitive to get agents to Exit because our commission structure is fantastic! Add to that a great broker and staff and I wouldn't want to start with a split at a new place just to possibly get some residual income later on (no guarantee, I'm still trying to get a few agents to join my company and they're afraid to leave their franchise blankies and one of those agents is a top producer - she doesn't need a franchise name behind her).

Current Exit agents are going to be rah, rah to get you to join under them. They have an agenda. I guess you'd need to look at what there is about Exit without planning on the residuals.

No comments: